How to write effective assignments in order to secure top grades?
Students are required to write quality assignments for many subjects starting from School. A few years back only University students and above focused on writing high quality assignments. However now it has become a requirement for school students to follow proper assignment writing guidelines in order to obtain top grades.
Following are a few of the main factors and points to consider in when writing an assignment in order to obtain good results from the same.
- Grammar rules – Always follow proper grammar rules. This is vital in any form of academic writing.
- Gather information – Research well on the topic. Use different sources to gather information. Analyze the facts and use your common sense to filter the necessary for your work.
- Referencing – Use proper referencing. When citing the work of another author always follow a referencing style recommended by your supervisor. Read well on such citation methods and make sure to use it properly in your document.
- Feedback – If possible obtain help from a senior students known to you or a friend. Consider their feedback and make necessary amendments if required.
- Spelling and punctuation – Use proper spelling and use of punctuation. Make use of the grammar and spell checking tools available for the word processor involved when writing.
- Deadlines – Meet the deadlines. Submit the completed document on or before the deadline. Do not try to make any excuses and extend the deadline as it may have a negative impact on your grading for the assignment.
- Methodology – Draft a method to follow when writing the assignment and stick to it. Rough out how you are going to start, continue and conclude it.
- Research – Research on the topic you are writing about via the internet or books available in the library or stores.
- Refer – Try to find a similar assignment written by another student and draft a basic outline of how you are going to work on yours. This does not mean simple copying from the previously completed assignment. However it may be used to a guide to follow.
- Break down and Plan – Break down the assignment in to parts to reduce its complexity. Plan your work and if possible finish part of it and show it to a senior or better yet the supervisor and obtain their comments on it.
All of the above steps may help you write a good assignment and make you obtain a good grading for it. Stick to the basics and you are well on your way to an excellent piece of assignment writing.